Trial WCPFC Annual Catch and Effort Estimates (ACE) Tables by fleet
At the WCPFC16 in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, in December 2020 the Commission in adopting the TCC15 Summary Report tasked the Secretariat and Scientific Services Provider to trial in 2020 publishing on the WCPFC website, of Annual Catch and Effort (ACE) tables (Essential Annual Fisheries Information Tables I – IV and Tabular Annual Fisheries Information Tables 1-5 and Figures 1-3 from Annual Report Part 1) that are based on April 30 scientific data submissions.
The trial was approved in 2020, so as to allow CCMs through SC and TCC, to explore a streamlining suggestion for Annual Report Part 1. As tasked, the Secretariat intends to prepare a paper in conjunction with SPC-OFP on the experiences and outcomes of the trial and its cost and resources implications for SC16 and TCC16 consideration and advice to WCPFC17
The proposed timeline for generation of the ACE tables is:
- March: Preliminary version of ACE tables published
- 30 April: Deadline for “Scientific Data to be Provided to the Commission” submissions
- 15 May: Provisional ACE tables published for most recent 5 years
- 22 June: Latest ACE tables published in preparation for Scientific Committee
- 20 Sept: Latest ACE tables published in preparation for Technical and Compliance Committee
- November: Final estimates of ACE tables in preparation for Regular Annual Session of the WCPFC
CCMs may review published ACE tables and provide revisions and updates to WCPFC/SPC as required.
The table below contains the latest trial ACE Tables. CCMs who have comments or revisions on the ACE tables are asked to highlight the edits in the relevant ACE table MSExcel file, and to submit the revised version to Peter Williams WCPFC Data Manager: PeterW@spc.int and cc. Dr SungKwon Soh, Science Manager email@example.com